When we buy an antique or classic car we certainly have a valuable and amazing piece of the past in our hands which must be protected against the ravages of time at all costs. This is the reason why shipping a vehicle like that needs special care that takes precedent over everything else. Moving a vehicle of that kind can be a daunting task if you’re not careful enough. Car shipping companies have the necessary experience and protection for a vehicle that you will need so you will need their services in the days to come. The following tips will give you an idea what you should expect:
- Researching your companies will be a boon as you will have a chance to familiarize yourself with the auto shipping industry and what you can expect from them. Make sure you understand the difference between companies and choose the one that suits your needs instead of the cheapest one available.
- Check out your top companies for specifics around classic car shipping services and possible rates. You should ensure that the company you’re planning on using has experience with shipping such vehicles as the process is more careful than other vehicles.
- Get as many quotes as you can for a more relevant gathering of information you can base your choices on. Keep in mind that the personal information you give away can be sold to other companies as well so try to avoid giving specifics about your location and identity if you can.
- Compare the quotes and do whatever you can to decide whether the cost vs benefits ratio is acceptable for the finances you have to work with. The more protection you have to work with, the better the overall choice would be. Quality insurance, covered and enclosed transport as well as an acceptable price are all things you should be going for before you make that choice.
- Choose your shipping date and keep in mind it may take a few days for a company to assign a truck for your vehicle. Allow a decent amount of flexibility on the dates you offer for the shipping itself but make it clear you want to have the vehicle delivered no later than a specific date.
- When all is said and done you should ship your classic car and do your best to keep in contact with them as much as you deem necessary. In most cases you will have a chance to keep track of the cargo as it moves and its location through the customer support of the company so feel free to ask your questions at all times during transit.