Car Shipping to Hong Kong
When shipping a car to Hong Kong, you have to decide on whether it is worthwhile.
To ship a car to Hong Kong you need to consider the following:
- The total cost for shipping your car to Hong Kong
- How much the insurance will be
- Do you want container shipping or RoRo
- What port taxes you will be required to pay
- What port fees are included in shipping your car
Make sure that you’re prepared for the cost and fees that are included in transporting your vehicle.
Door-to-door, port-to-port, however you need it, we tailor our services to your needs. You can reach us 24/7 with and questions or concerns at 888-532-8805.
To protect yourself and your vehicle it’s recommended to take multiple pictures of your vehicle before you ship your car to Hong Kong. It’s also recommended that you do not put personal belongings in the car, as you can never be too cautious with your belongings.
Shipping Your Car Via RoRo
RoRo (Roll-on Roll-off) shipping is the most common method for shipping vehicles. The vehicle is driven on to a massive ship and parked, strapped down, and blocked to the ship’s deck. The car must be drivable for this process.
Shipping Your Car Via Container
Container shipping is the more expensive method to ship your car international. This method could be right for you if you want to ship multiple vehicles, are moving, or have personal belongings that you want to ship with the car. An itemized list of the belongings in the container must be presented. Your vehicle will be strapped, blocked, and braced to the floor of the container. The container is also loaded before being lifted onto the ship, and unloaded after being lifted off.
Ask our shipping experts what method would suit your needs best! Call us now at 888-532-8805
Our Checklist for International Car Shipping to Hong Kong
- The vehicle can have no more than a ¼ tank of gas during shipping
- If the vehicle was recently purchased, you need the title and a notarized bill of sale showing a zero balance due.
- If the vehicle is financed you need a lien authorization letter and a copy of the title, with both signed stamped and sealed by the lien holder
- Shipping a vehicle internationally can take 4-6 weeks. Please speak with one of our experts to discuss your options
Don’t forget to read through and print out our International Car Shipping Checklist!
Get a FREE QUOTE for shipping your car to Hong Kong
Ship Your Car Now operates from dozens of locations around the US to make the process of shipping your vehicle to Hong Kong easy for you. Any information you need will be provided to you, and we can be reached at any time to assist with any assistance you may need during the process. Our goal is to make shipping your vehicle completely painless and stress free!
Information about Hong Kong:
- Languages – English, Cantonese
- Capital – Singapore
- Currency – HKD (Hong Kong Dollar)
For more information on Hong Kong contact us at 888-532-8805 and speak with our international shipping experts today!
The geography of Hong Kong:
Hong Kong has is surrounded by oceans on three sides; east, south, and west. Also part of Hong Kong is over 200 islands located just offshore.
The climate of Hong Kong:
The climate of Hong Kong is a humid subtropical one. Summer is hot and humid, and has occasional showers and thunderstorms, while winters are mild and typically start sunny, then move to more cloudy closer to February.
For more information on Hong Kong CLICK HERE