When shipping a car to Ghana, you have to decide whether it is a worthwhile endeavor.
To ship a car to Ghana you need to consider the following:
- The cost for getting your vehicle shipped
- The cost of the insurance to get your car shipped
- Do you want Roll-on Roll-off or container shipping
- What port taxes you will be required to pay
- What port fees are included in shipping your car to Ghana
Make sure that you’re prepared for the cost and fees that are included in transporting your vehicle.
Door-to-door, port-to-port, however you need it, we tailor our services to your needs. You can reach us 24/7 with and questions or concerns at 888-532-8805.
To protect yourself and your vehicle it’s recommended to take multiple pictures of your vehicle before you ship your car to Ghana. It’s also recommended that you do not put personal belongings in the car, as you can never be too cautious with your belongings.
Shipping Your Car Via RoRo
RoRo (Roll-on Roll-off) shipping is the most common method for shipping vehicles. The vehicle is driven on to a massive ship and parked, strapped down, and blocked to the ship’s deck. The car must be drivable for this process.
Shipping Your Car Via Container
Container shipping is the more expensive method to ship your car international. This method could be right for you if you want to ship multiple vehicles, are moving, or have personal belongings that you want to ship with the car. An itemized list of the belongings in the container must be presented. Your vehicle will be strapped, blocked, and braced to the floor of the container. The container is also loaded before being lifted onto the ship, and unloaded after being lifted off.
Ask our shipping experts what method would suit your needs best! Call us now at 888-532-8805
Ship Your Car Now’s Checklist for Shipping a Car to Ghana
Before shipping your vehicle make sure to have the proper documentation on our checklist below, or call us at 888-532-8805 to speak with one of our shipping experts.
- The vehicle can have no more than a ¼ tank of gas during shipping
- If the vehicle was recently purchased, you need the title and a notarized bill of sale showing a zero balance due.
- If the vehicle is financed you need a lien authorization letter and a copy of the title, with both signed stamped and sealed by the lien holder
- Shipping a vehicle internationally can take 4-6 weeks. Please speak with one of our experts to discuss your options
Don’t forget to read through and print out our International Car Shipping Checklist!
Get a FREE QUOTE for shipping your car to Ghana
The major cities of Ghana:
- Accra (Capital)
- Cape Coast
Ship Your Car Now operates from multiple locations in the US to make the process of shipping your vehicle to Ghana easy for you. Any information you need will be provided to you, and we can be reached at any time to assist with any assistance you may need during the process. Our goal is to make shipping your vehicle completely painless and stress free!
Information about Ghana:
- Languages – English, Akan, Ewe, Dagomba, Dangme, Dagaare, Ga, Gonja, Kasem, and Nzema
- Capital City – Accra
- Currency – GH₵ (Ghana Cedi)
For more information on Ghana contact us at 888-532-8805 and speak with our international shipping experts today!
The geography of Ghana:
The country of Ghana has many different deciduous areas ranging from forests, savannah, and evergreen. The combination of these areas contributes heavily to Ghana’s tourism.
The climate of Ghana:
Ghana is known to have a warm, tropical climate. The eastern coastal belt is warm and dry, whereas the southwest corner it hot and humid. The seasons that Ghana has are known as the wet season and the dry season.
Northern Ghana’s rainy season lasts from March to November, while the southern region has it from April to mid-November.