When shipping a car to Norway, you have to decide whether it is going to be a worthwhile endeavor.To ship a car to Norway you need to consider the following:
- How much the cost for shipping your car will be
- How much the cost for insuring your car will be
- Do you want Roll-on Roll-off or container shipping
- How much the taxes will be at your arrival port
- How much the port fees will be
Make sure that you’re prepared for the cost and fees that are included in transporting your vehicle.
Door-to-door, port-to-port, however you need it, we tailor our services to your needs. You can reach us 24/7 with and questions or concerns at 888-532-8805.
To protect yourself and your vehicle it’s recommended to take multiple pictures of your vehicle before you ship your car to Norway. It’s also recommended that you do not put personal belongings in the car, as you can never be too cautious with your belongings.
Shipping Your Car Via RoRo
RoRo (Roll-on Roll-off) shipping is the most common method for shipping vehicles. The vehicle is driven on to a massive ship and parked, strapped down, and blocked to the ship’s deck. The car must be drivable for this process.
Shipping Your Car Via Container
Container shipping is the more expensive method to ship your car international. This method could be right for you if you want to ship multiple vehicles, are moving, or have personal belongings that you want to ship with the car. An itemized list of the belongings in the container must be presented. Your vehicle will be strapped, blocked, and braced to the floor of the container. The container is also loaded before being lifted onto the ship, and unloaded after being lifted off.
Ask our shipping experts what method would suit your needs best! Call us now at 888-532-8805
Ship Your Car Now’s Checklist for Shipping a Car to Norway
Before shipping your vehicle make sure to have the proper documentation on our checklist below, or call us at 888-532-8805 to speak with one of our shipping experts.
- The vehicle can have no more than a ¼ tank of gas during shipping
- If the vehicle was recently purchased, you need the title and a notarized bill of sale showing a zero balance due.
- If the vehicle is financed you need a lien authorization letter and a copy of the title, with both signed stamped and sealed by the lien holder
- Shipping a vehicle internationally can take 4-6 weeks. Please speak with one of our experts to discuss your options
Don’t forget to read through and print out our International Car Shipping Checklist!
Get a FREE QUOTE for shipping your car to Norway
The major cities of Norway:
Ship Your Car Now operates from dozens of locations around the US to make the process of shipping your vehicle to Norway easy for you. Any information you need will be provided to you, and we can be reached at any time to assist with any assistance you may need during the process. Our goal is to make shipping your vehicle completely painless and stress free!
Information about Norway:
- Languages – Norwegian
- Capital City – Oslo
- Currency – Norwegian Krone (NOK)
For more information on Norway contact us at 888-532-8805 and speak with our international shipping experts today!
The Geography of Norway:
Norway is located in the Western part of Scandinavia. It is bordered by Sweden, Finland, and Russia.